Thursday, October 18, 2012

Frugal Friday

Meal planning and grocery shopping:

I've been intrigued by a blog I recently found on pinterest.  It's about a family of 4 who spends $50 on groceries each week... she does a weekly blog about meals and what she buys at the store.  You can read more here.  I thought it would be a fun frugal friday :) 
  

This week I shopped at Kroger because they were having some good deals.  Plus I love the fact that they double all coupons $.50 and below.  This week I spent $50 and got everything pictured here, which includes the $9 I spent on k-cups so I think I did pretty good.  I almost never buy pop, but I got it for $.50 with a coupon for pepsi next and figured I could bring it to House Party or if we have guests that want something other than milk, water, or lemonade.  :)  

Some highlights of my trip were:
wolf brand chili for $.20 each with doubled coupons
rotel for $.30 each with doubled coupons
bread and hoagie rolls for $.49 each 
3 packs of organic chicken for under $3 each with coupons 
2 tubes of crest toothpaste FREE with doubled coupons
12.8 oz of multigrain cheerios for $2.50  (the 9 oz box was over $3...I think I stared at the sign in confusion for 10 minutes)

Meals:
dinners:
Monday- Matt and I made cheesy chicken spaghetti for our awesome House Party :)
Tuesday- tilapia, stuffed mushrooms, and broccoli 
Wednesday- veggies and fruit (Matt was gone for a meeting so it was just me and the kids)
Thursday- turkey, cheesy potatoes, and green beans (had 2 couples over from church) 
Friday- meatball subs and leftover cheesy potatoes
Saturday- eating at church
Sunday- Mexican chicken over tortilla chips

lunches:
pb and j sandwiches
grilled cheese sandwiches 
soup
ramen noodles
leftovers

breakfasts:
eggs and toast 
cereal and fruit

Happy Frugal Friday! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment