Monday, February 11, 2013

Goal-Making Monday!

I've been a goal-making slacker, but not this week!

Here are my goals:

Spiritual:
1) Find a You-Version for Lent and pray about what to fast.  You-version suggestions welcomed :)

Intellectual:
1) Read "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'Brien.  I ordered this on half.com and it finally came!  Note to self... media mail takes FOREVER!  It may have been faster on the pony express.

Homemaking:
 1) Get organized!  This goal came for a couple reasons.  First is that Sunday mornings are always the most stressful mornings of the week for me.  I rush around like a mad woman, packing and getting everyone ready and out the door by 8am.  This needs to change!  The littlest things can make the biggest difference... all I have to do to fix my Sunday morning fiasco is pack the bag the night before, pick of my kids clothes the night before, and figure out breakfast the night before.  I am a woman that needs some more organization in her life!  I'm going to pick out the kids outfits for the week and pack Warrick's lunch for preschool the night before.  Second, I need to organize my fridge and pantry.  I saw this picture on pinterest and it inspired me.  The lady talks about if you have fresh healthy produce/food in your fridge displayed in a nice way... your family will be excited to eat it cause it's easy to grab and looks appealing.  So, by the end of the week, my fridge will look this way:
(fingers crossed!)

 2) Make muffins using applesauce instead of eggs.  Wish me luck.. I'm skeptical  :)
 3) Make cheeseburger pizza one night... I LOVE cheeseburger pizza and I got a free 1/2 lb of ground beef from Earth Fare the other day.  Yay!

Kids:
 1) This week we will be learning about energy conservation... yes, you read that right.  The electric bill came in the mail last week and was DOUBLE what it was last month.  So, we are talking about the importance of turning lights off when you leave rooms, not leaving the fridge open for 10 minutes deciding what to chose, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I make muffins frequently using applesauce in place of oil, but not eggs. Interesting! And our electric bill was double, too...bizarre. Let us know how the goals go!

    Deb Browning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get more organized too! I feel like I do a lot of clutter control. My day consists of trying to clean stuff off the table, coffe table, and counters only to turn my back and have them full again. I need to find places for stuff or get rid of some stuff.
    I am still trying to think about what I want to do for Lent this year - I want to do (instead of not do). Most likely it will be to spend 25 minutes IN the Word daily...since most days I spend about 5 minutes reading the Bible and 20 minutes checking blogs, facebook, email etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do organizing big time on my house. I really slacked off over the last couple of years due to my hectic job as a caseworker and single mom status. Now that I'm a licensing worker, my schedule is not so hectic. Now is the perfect time because I start grad school in June and will be back to hectic status. I did make a menu for this week's dinners. I have also piled up my car with Goodwill donations. Babysteps for me. I need to do the energy conservation because my bill has doubled too. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete