Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Half Birthday Paisley! :)

This is how I looked 6ish months ago!  Time has flown by since Paisley has arrived.

Paisley joined us August 22nd at 4:11am.  We arrived at the hospital around 3am and it went so fast.  This time, the doctor arrived to deliver her (unlike my quick delivery with Tynnley, who the nurse delivered).  Paisley weighed 8lbs 11oz. and was 20 in long.  

When I had Warrick, I read many articles about natural labor and was excited that he came quickly without the use of any pain medicine.  When I had Tynnley, I remember thinking, "I did it naturally before, surely I can do it again."  and I did.  The 3rd time around, I thought, "maybe I should try the drugs".  But she came very quickly, just like the others... and if I can have 3 kids without drugs, you can too!  Trust me, I can barely get through a dental visit without sedatives!

Our first picture as a family of 5 the day Paisley was born.  We only stayed 24 hours... I was so glad they let us leave a day early.  I hate hospitals and was eager to be home.



I couldn't have made it those first 2 weeks without Matt's help.  There were so many nights that I would feed Paisley, he would take her into the living room and hold her until she needed to eat again.  There were several nights that he would do this all night long.  I can't tell you how much this helped me.  I felt more rested and was able to make it through the day without being irritable.  I'm a mean person when I'm sleep deprived.    

Paisley at 1 week old:

Halloween picture:  Paisley (2 months) loves her big bother and sister

 Paisley almost always has 2 of her fingers in her mouth like this, it's really cute.  
Neither Warrick or Tynnley did this and I think it's adorable.

 At 5 months, Paisley tried sweet potatoes for the first time and LOVED them.  Here she is upset that I'm taking a picture instead of feeding her quicker.  I started making her baby food and freezing it since she was 3 months old, so I couldn't wait for her to try it!  

My doctor recommends that babies don't have food til 6 months, but she's been trying some early.  She's had sweet potatoes, avocados, and pears.  She eats an equivalent of 1 two-ounce jar every few days.  And she's still nursing like a champ and has only taken 3 bottles since she was born.  

   Here are pictures of Warrick and Tynnley, both around 4 months of age.  I think that Paisley looks a lot more like Warrick.  What do you think?



At 6 months Paisley:
rolls over 
smiles
laughs
is beginning to sit on her own
drools constantly (there must be teeth coming soon)
enjoys listening to books
takes 2 naps per day
wears 9-12 month clothes (but this is mostly due to the big cloth diaper butt!)
sucks on her middle and index fingers
dislikes cereal, but loves food  

Paisley is such a happy and sweet baby.  We are blessed to have her in our lives.  


No comments:

Post a Comment