Friday, November 9, 2012

Frugal Friday!

Happy Frugal Friday!
It's time to start talking Christmas people.  Crazy, huh?  But there are only 45 days until Christmas, and I know it will be here before we know it!

Don't fret if you don't have much money for Christmas.  When I was really little, my mom was a single-mom and she was broke.  And I mean, macaroni and hot-dogs every night broke.  And I remember the only present under the Christmas tree one year was a cabbage patch doll and I loved that doll until it's hair fell out.  It's not about the amount of money you spend... it's about Christ's birth first and foremost and spending time with loved-ones.

Here are some Christmas tips to keep your family on budget (and not using plastic!)
1) Shop sales!
I have already done a little shopping.  I have been picking up things for a couple months here and there for the kids when I see big sales.  I am very happy that I have small children when it comes to Christmas.  Last year, I bought my son a couple dinosaurs from Hobby Lobby's $1 bin and he still LOVES playing with them.  I am dreading the days when my kids want an ipod or an iphone15 :)

2) Homemade gifts!
Homemade gifts can be fun and personal.  I have found some really cute homemade gifts on pinterest.  There are so many great ideas.  Here are a few:  

coffee sleeves:


 hair straightener holder:


 etched glass:



Oh, and never underestimate the power of baked goods :)

3) Research and get advice from others when it comes to Christmas budgeting!
MoneySavingMom has been blogging about "31 days to earn extra cash for Christmas."  There are some really good ideas.

What are your budgeting tips for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment