Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The War on Stuff (part 2)

Does anyone have a "crazy drawer" in their kitchen?  The one that you pray that you are able to shut after each opening or the one where the moon and stars have to be perfectly aligned just to find that one utensil that you really need.

Here's mine:
Good luck finding what you need in there!  

Since I am ridding my house of things that stress instead of bless, I figured I should try and get a handle on this drawer.  

I was able to pitch 50% of what was in the drawer.  I found 9 measuring instruments for medicine... surely I don't need more than 2.  And I found numerous lids that go to nothing I currently own.  It's very bizarre what you can find cleaning out drawers :)  

This is the finished product.  Less stuff and more organized than before!  

***Bless not stress kitchen tip:
Think collapsible!  Matt's mom got me 2 of these tupperware collapsible containers one year for Christmas and they are the best.  I ended up ordering another one since I love them so much.  I was telling my mom how awesome they were and she gifted me with the measuring spoons as well.  They are such a great space saver.  


Here's a great article on purging your house of stuff!  I enjoyed reading and hopefully you will too.  :) 
What did you get rid of today?  

   




No comments:

Post a Comment