Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Day in the Life

Before we had children, I didn't understand what a stay-at-home mom did all day long. I assumed it had something to do with wearing pj's, watching Oprah, and eating bon-bon's. Boy was I wrong!

A blogger that I follow posts a monthly "a day in the life" blog that I always find fun and interesting to read. She blogs about what her and her children do all day, hour by hour. She does this because she has many out-of-town relatives who enjoy feeling a part of her everyday life and also as a journal for herself to look back on when her children are older.

Now I try to do "A Day in the Life" blog once or twice a year.  It's fun to look back on and I hadn't done one in a while.  

So here was my day yesterday:     

5:45am Wake up call from Warrick, he plays InnoTab while I do devotions and pray.

6:23am read a Lego magazine with Warrick, warmed up pancakes from yesterday and unloaded the dishwasher while Warrick watched PBS cartoons

6:41am eat breakfast with Warrick and then get both of us ready for the day

7:08 am Tynnley woke up and ate breakfast while I packed Warrick's lunch and backpack for school

7:50am got Tynnley dressed, took the trash and recycling out and got the kids loaded in the car.

8am Walmart.  I forgot that Warrick had to bring 2 packs of hotdog buns to preschool today for his preschool picnic on Thursday.  Since we were there, we got an end-of-the-year gift for his teachers.

9am Preschool drop off

9:30am wrapping end of year teacher gifts and 1 load of laundry

11:30am lunch 

12:15pm put dinner in the crockpot then planted zucchini and green and red pepper seeds... with lots of help from Matt :)  Tynnley played on the slide while eating a homemade popsicle .. yogurt and pureed peaches.


1pm Tynnley's naptime; I got in a 20 minute power-nap and I read the book I got yesterday at Half-Priced Books.  LOVE IT!

2pm Matt and Warrick came home from preschool and fixed the fence while I went through Warrick's bookbag.  Preschool had sent home a lot of papers and a super cute yearbook.

2:30pm Matt left to help at Noblesville high school.  Warrick took a nap by himself... this has never happened before EVER!  He must have had a really active day at preschool.

3:45pm Tynnley woke up and helped me clean the living room.  This is a pointless chore, but we do it every once in a while so we remember what the floor looks like :)
before:
                                  

after:

4:30pm Reading and more reading.  Tynnley is in a phase where she gets a book and wants to read it like 8 times in a row.  Today was "If You Give a Moose a Muffin."  So we read it over and over and over.

5pm Warrick woke up and wanted to read too.  He picked "Stewart Little."

6:15pm Matt got home and we ate dinner:  Pineapple chicken and broccoli 

6:45pm The boys fished and Tynnley and I played outside 

7:45pm bath & bedtime

9pm read more of my book, wrote this blog, & watched Netflix with Matt  

What was your day like?  

1 comment:

  1. I love day in the life posts! I try to do at least one a year...which means I am due for one soon! Knowing how blogging works for me, I will take all the pictures, write all the info down, and then take a month to get around to actually publishing it :) The days are long and the years are short!

    ReplyDelete