Friday, June 28, 2013

Frugal Friday! My Frugal Find

Last Friday while I was garage saling with some pretty cool friends, I stumbled upon this gem.  It's a play kitchen that I got for $1.  I know, you're thinking "that's a piece of crap."  And you would be right.  But I knew that with some scrubbing and painting Tynnley would love it.  (Actually, she loved it without the scrubbing and painting haha!)  So I got it, took it home and attempted to work my magic on it.  

Before:  

 That day Warrick and I went to walmart and got 2 bottles of spray paint, 
1 tension rod, and some cute fabric for a grand total of $13.44

Then we went to goodwill and spent $1 on some kitchen accessories
(Still looking for some better ones at garage sales)


After pictures:   
I tried to sew some potholders with the leftover fabric





Cost breakdown:
Kitchen $1
paint, rod, and fabric  $13.44
food/utensils  $1
$15.44 for the kitchen... and we had fun redoing it.  I realize it leaves a lot to be desired, but my kids enjoy it and that's all that matters.  :)  This is as crafty as I get people!   

Happy Frugal Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment