Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Meal Planning week 2

Here's how I spent my $70 grocery budget this week.  $70.89 to be exact :) 

I got 6 kiwis, 3 peppers, 2 bunches of bananas, and 3 avocados at Aldi for $8.76 and the rest at meijer.

Last week, my cool friend Tamera found some organic free-range whole chickens at Kroger on managers special and I bought 2 from her.  So, I'm making one of them today and shredding it for 2 meals this week and broth for later on.    

Meal Plan for the week:
     Breakfasts:
fruit, eggs, toast
cereal 
oatmeal

     Lunches:
pb&banana or pb&j sandwiches
dinner leftovers 
cheese quesadillas with fruit
tuna salad sandwiches with carrots
mac & cheese with peas

     Dinners:
chicken avacado bacon sandwiches with potato wedges
meatballs and peppers  (without the bread crumbs)
chicken drumsticks with roasted veggies
meal at church
chicken enchiladas  (with homemade tortillas and organic plain yogurt instead of sour cream)
grilled short ribs and veggies and arugula salad
quiche   (This is a good end of the week meal to add leftover veggies and meat to)

     Snacks:
popcorn 
fruit
homemade graham crackers  (my friend Alyssa posted this recipe on her blog recently and I think my kids would love them!)
homemade fudge pops


Keep in mind:  We eat "clean" as much as possible... for us specifically, this means we try to avoid processed foods, anything with corn or soy since these crops are 98-99% genetically modified, and organic fruit and veggies if the budget allows.  

A few weeks ago, we bought 1/4 of a grass-fed cow so this is why I don't buy a lot of meat each week.

What are you eating this week?

1 comment:

  1. We will now being eating Chicken, Avocado, Bacon Sandwiches...why did I never think of this combo?

    We have family around, so I am feeding my mother-in-law (who is gluten free) and sister-in-law (who is dairy free) this week. We are eating a lot of meat and veggies...and anything that I can find that is glutenfree/dairyfree :)

    ReplyDelete