Saturday, June 16, 2012


Carb Day!

One day we were at Matt's parents house and Matt's dad Bruce was talking about "Carb Day".  If you know me, you know that I LOVE carbs :)   So I was excited to hear that there was an entire day devoted to it.  But it turns out, they were talking about carburetor day, not carbohydrate day.

On Thursday, Tynnley had her 9 month doctor visit.  A nurse weighed her, measured her length and head circumference and put us in a room to wait for the doctor.  A couple minutes later, the nurse came back in and said that she thought she wrote down Tynnley's weight wrong and that she needed to be re-weighed.  She was weighed again and was 15 lbs 5 oz.  This is a problem since at her 6 month appointment, she weighed 15 lbs 12oz.  (sidenote: at home later, I was looking through Warrick's baby book and he weighed 15 lbs at 3 months!)  This is so weird to me because she eats a lot!  And in the past 3 weeks she has just started to crawl, so I'm sure if she had gained weight or stayed the same she probably worked those off in the past 3 weeks crawling around the house.

The doctor said that Tynnley needed to return in 1 month instead of the usual 3 to be re-weighed.  If she hasn't gained weight he wants to put her on suppliments.  I love our pediatrician and agree with 99.9% of what he says, but Tynnley will not be going on suppliments.  I firmly believe she is just a petite little girl.
Anyways, the doctor recommended that Tynnley start whole milk, even though it's usually not allowed until 12 months and increase her carb intake.  And honestly, I'm a little jealous. :)

Here's our official "Carb Day"


1 comment:

  1. my four year old lost a pound from his last appointment 3 months ago to the one this month and i was told the same thing...or protein shakes. I also will not be doing that! He's active and eats a ton and chunkiness doesn't really run in the family so I think its just his time to slim down:) I love reading your blog! Its nice to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete