Friday, June 29, 2012

Frugal Friday!

Snack box!

Sometimes, time is money... can I get an amen?  

I can't count the times that I've ran around the house looking for snacks to fill my purse for the kids while we go to the grocery store, pool, church, park, etc.  I'm sure a little planning on my part would go a long way, but I am a procrastinator through and through.  

So, when I saw this snack box, I just knew Warrick needed one.

Here are the snacks I chose... but before you think I'm a horrible mom for only feeding my child junk, I have set limits to 2 snacks from this snack box and 2 snacks from one I made in the fridge.  The one in the fridge only has blueberries and strawberries now, but I'm planning on adding carrots and cheese sticks next time I get to the store.  


This one includes: Spiderman fruit snacks, cheez-it snack mix, goldfish crackers, animal crackers, teddy grahams, ziplock bags (the smaller snack size), and a clear tub.  


When the box was complete, I put it on the lowest shelf of the pantry and the fruit/veggie box is on the lowest shelf of the fridge.  Perfect eye-level for my little man.  And he thinks it's so fun to pick out a snack from all of the options.  

Hope you've enjoyed frugal friday!  :)


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! What a nice, organized idea to give him the freedom to choose his snack. Thanks for the tip! You're such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete