Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Training a child


I've seen this quote floating around facebook lately...
"Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made."  Francis Chan

What a great reminder!!

It made me reflect on raising my kids.  We pray before meals and before bed, do devotions and about once a month memorize scripture with Warrick.  But I still think we could be doing more... there is always room for improvement, right?

Matt and I pray BIG things for Warrick.  We just know that God is going to use him to do amazing things for His kingdom.  We believe Proverbs 22:6 when it says "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

So we are going to start memorizing a scripture per week with him.  This week is Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous."  I know that kids minds are sponges at this age, so I'm excited to see him memorize LOTS of scripture!

  (sorry, I don't know how to rotate it)


As our craft today, we made a prayer jar.  We put names of people in our family, friends, and church in the jar.  3 times a day, we pull out a stick and pray for whoever/whatever is on the stick.  I'm really excited about this :)  

 (he's more excited than he looks)

2 comments:

  1. Been thinkin the same thing about our girls! Emmy loves her prayer jar! Maybe we'll have to add memorizing scripture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the prayer jar idea!

    ReplyDelete