Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weekly Goal Setting


In trying to develop more of a disciplined lifestyle, I've started to set weekly goals.  My hope in sharing these with you is that you all can keep me accountable and share some of your goals with me too!  

Here are my goals for this week:  (not in any particular order)

*Finish Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

*Read 2 chapters per day in "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" to Warrick

*Save $50 towards a minivan
After taking Financial Peace University 4ish years ago, Matt and I paid off both of our cars and have committed to never having a car payment again.  We know Proverbs 22:7 to be true "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender" and since we're already slaves to the mortgage company and Sallie Mae, we don't want to add to the list!  
Our goal is to buy a minivan next year.  We plan to do this using our tax refund, saving weekly, any extra money (Christmas money, trombone lesson money etc.), and selling one of our cars... most likely the jeep.  With all of these combined, we should have a little under $10,000 for a used minivan.  

*Read 2 chapters in the Bible per day

*Daily devotions with Warrick each night

*Continue with potty training.... I think this is the hardest goal!

*Make 1 new recipe

What are the goals you'd like to accomplish?

2 comments:

  1. Prayerfully considering the goal of starting a daily blog where people can read the same devotional book ("One Year Book of Hope)and post praises, thoughts, struggles, regarding how the daily devotional has spoken to/challenged them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke - Love this! My goals for this week (weekend) are: bake banana bread for all of my co-teachers and maybe Ian's co-teachers as a thank you gift, and to write thank you notes to all of them as well. I am also trying to get COMPLETELY caught up on email this week. Yeah for goal setting!

    ReplyDelete