Thursday, September 27, 2012

Frugal Friday!

Happy Fall!  I am loving the cool crisp weather, are you?  I like fall for many reasons, but I especially love eating soup!

Here is one of my favorite soups... it's easy and frugal.

I found this potato soup on pinterest and our family loves it.  Although, take it easy... it's not good for the waist line :)
Here are the ingredients (I stole this picture from pinterest)
frozen hashbrowns $2
onion $.78
chicken stock $2
cream of chicken (or celery) $0.59 (yay aldi!)
creme cheese $1.89
pepper

garnish if wanted:
green onions, cheese, and bacon

total: $7ish :)

This soup makes a lot.  I threw... err, lovingly placed all the ingredients (except for the creme cheese) in the crockpot before heading to church.  When I got home, I cut up the creme cheese and put it in the crockpot for 1 more hour.  We ate this soup for lunch and then the kids and I had leftovers for lunch the next 2 days.  It's sooo good.  But, don't go fat-free on the creme cheese cause it doesn't melt... sorry!  

The good news is that bathing suit season is behind us :)  So I say, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment