Friday, September 14, 2012

My horrible mistake....

Have you ever made a horrible mistake... like a Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov mistake?  Well, I did yesterday.

Let me start off telling you that the 80's were good to me... I was blessed with 80's hair and I love big earrings and bright colors.  The 80's were the perfect decade for me!  But then the 80's were over... and my hair and I didn't belong anymore.

A few days ago, I found another spot on my face that needs to be removed... that makes 3 since May.  Apparently, the hats, facial sunscreen, and foundation with SPF in it weren't cutting it.  So I decided that I needed bangs to cover my scar(s) and to further protect my forehead from the dreaded sun.

Once I decide something, I want to do it immediately.  I'm not the "let's sleep on it" or "give it 24 hrs" kind of gal.  I run with an idea.  So I watched a video on bang cutting on pinterest and 2 minutes later I had bangs.

BANGS!  Not the pretty side-swiped kind of bangs that people with straight hair have, but the "opps my 3 year old sister wanted to play barber shop" kind of bangs.  Plus, going back to the earlier topic... I have curly 80's hair.

Sometimes I just get bored with my hair and want something different.  Well, this sure is different!


The moral of the story: always think before cutting, er... doing.  

1 comment:

  1. I actually think it's so cute Brooke!! I've done the same thing too, not just to my bangs, but my whole head. I'm a bit impulsive as well :p

    ReplyDelete