Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Morning Commentary

Every Monday, Holly Furtick writes a Monday Morning Commentary discussing the message at her church on Sunday.  I think it's a great idea, so I thought I'd do one every once in a while.  

This Sunday, we were in the 2nd week of our series Lost.  Matt discussed being lost in religion.  Our text came from Galatians 2:19-21 "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Matt talked about the law versus grace:

Law vs. Grace:

The law corrects behavior
Grace changes your identity

The law breeds slavery
Grace brings freedom

The law breeds self-righteousness
Grace breeds humility


Some great quotes I wrote down from Matt's sermon this week were "Don't settle for the law when you can have Jesus Christ" and "rules without relationship leads to rebellion."  

At the end, Matt had us write our names in the blank of this statement:
God loves _______ and gave himself for _______.  

Thanks babe for a great message and your sensitivity to the spirit!  
You can view more messages here on our website.  


No comments:

Post a Comment