Friday, April 19, 2013

Frugal Friday!

I have recently learned about The Prudent Homemaker... she's my new frugal inspiration.

Here's a quote from her blog, "We built up our pantry while our income was good. When it stopped for 8 months, we lived from our pantry without shopping for food--for over a year. Our income since then has been cut by 70%. It's been 5 years. We continue to live primarily from our pantry and garden, find ways to lower our expenses, and make due with what we have."

Wow.  If that's not inspiring, I don't know what is.  And she has 7 kids.... 7!!!

Every week, she blogs about her frugal accomplishments.
Here are mine for the week:
1) I had a $5 off coupon for meijer if I spent $50.

2) On Monday night, I made broccoli cheese soup and cheese quesadillas.  My family loved it, it was a super frugal meal and no one said "Where's the meat?"  :)

3) My husband completed a laundry room project that I was really excited about.  This cost a little bit of  money, but it will keep me more organized and less time sorting laundry.  And time is money, right?
     
     before:                                                                                                           
                                                                                                            

after:



4) This morning I went to a few neighborhood garage sales.  It was cold, but I got a few good deals.  I spent $5 and got 2 summer pjs for Tynnley, 2 shorts for Tynnley, maternity capris, a shirt for Warrick, 2 sippy cups, and a snack catcher (pictured below).  I'm in love with snack catchers.  Otherwise, we have fish crackers all over the car :)




What were your frugal accomplishments this week?



2 comments:

  1. Um, I don't know if we have had and frugal accomplishments this week. I love snack catchers too!
    Oh wait, I know of my frugal attempt for the week. I have plans of re-doing our entryway (a random corner in our apartment near the door). I have been hitting up any thrift stores to see if I can find what I want for the area instead of going to IKEA. No success yet, but I am going to try to hold out until I find what I am picturing in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Alissa! I have a hard time holding out, but I'm making myself. I really need a toddler bed for Tynnley and am wanting to find one garage saling because I don't want to buy one full price!

    ReplyDelete