Monday, April 29, 2013

Goal-Making Monday!

"The important thing about having goals is having them."  
Geoffrey F. Albert

Usually on Monday's, I will sign on facebook and read everyone's statuses about how it's Monday again and they hate Monday's etc.  I'm beginning to think that only stay-at-home parent's can really appreciate Monday's.  I enjoy getting back to the  routine of the week.  Is there anyone else out there that enjoys Monday's?

Here are my goals for the week:

Homemaking:
Keep the ledge from my living room to my kitchen clear.  This ledge is always cluttered and it drives me crazy.  It's so easy to put things on it, but I am going to make a conscious effort to keep it clutter-free.

Here's what it looks like now... and this is a good day :)

Print out our vacation itinerary and put all info in a folder.  We have it all planned and I can't wait :)  

Continue to help Matt clean out the garage and get things ready for the garage sale in May.  Can you believe it's almost May???  I am ready for some warmer weather!

Making a lot of new recipes this week that I'm excited about.  

Intellectual:
To start a book and read the majority of it.  One of my goals for the year is to read 24 books by the end of December.  And so far I've only read 4 books.  I'm seriously slacking.  


Spiritual:
Continue reading everyday in Acts.  I found this reading plan called "Deeper Into Scripture" and it's been really cool, but more time than I usually take.  But that's a good thing.  Here is what you do:

     Read the passage 4 times. 
       First Reading: Enter. As you read this passage of scripture for the first time you are simply "entering in"
     or familiarizing yourself with what God is saying here.   Notice the circumstances, people, places, etc.
Second Reading: Impress. As you read the same passage of scripture for the second time, notice what word, phrase, sentence or verse makes an "impression" upon you.
Third Reading: Pray. As you read this passage of scripture for the third time through, begin by spending a few moments in prayer thanking and praising God for His Holy Word. As you read, be prayerfully interacting with God about the text.
Fourth Reading: Live. In this final reading of the passage ask God to show you how he wants you to live based on this scripture. Is there something he would have you start doing, stop doing or continue doing?


What are your goals for the week?

1 comment:

  1. I am headed to IL on Wednesday to visit the family! Wootwoot! So my goal for the week is to: work 2 days, get packed, and then enjoy some family time :)
    I am running a 5k on Sunday, my goal is to beat my older brother.
    Have a great week Brooke!

    ReplyDelete