Friday, August 16, 2013

Frugal Friday!


This week's frugal accomplishments:

1) I cut Warrick's hair... Aldi's had clippers on sale for cheap and so I'm planning on saving LOTS of money on hair cuts over the years :)

2) This week, Warrick had his first ever dental visit (I know... he should've gone long ago)  Since we don't have dental insurance, it was expensive.  But the receptionist said if I paid in cash, rather than with a debit card, I would get a 5% discount.  I know it's not much, but I'll take what I can get :)  Both kids are going back in Feb and so I made her give me a very detailed price so I could start budgeting for it now.  I'm sure she thought I was silly, but I don't want to be surprised!

3) My friend got me a GALLON of coconut oil in Amish country for $10!  Here's a link for 101 uses of coconut oil if you are curious.

4) My friend sold me her food processor for $5!

5) I received some similac formula in the mail, along with $20 worth of similac coupons.  I traded them on an online maternity site for 3 packs of wipes, some size 1 diapers, and a cute newborn sleeper.
 
6) I sold a pair of Warrick's shoes online that didn't fit anymore.

7)  I registered for Indy Kids Consignment sale to sell Warrick's old clothes.

8) The weather has been fall-like around here, so we've had a lot of days with doors and windows open!

9) My friend is going out of town this weekend and said that I could have her crop-share!!!!  :)

10) Matt and I took the kids to $2 Tuesday at the state fair... admission, rides, and food were $2.  And there was a lot of great company as well :)
   The girls :)    

 
Tynnley was tuckered out!

 
eating a fried oreo on dad's shoulders :)

11) I received a text from Redbox for a free 1 night rental, so Matt and I had an at-home movie night after the kids went to bed.

12) On Saturday, I went to the farmer's market with my sister-in-law and I got 2 huge yellow squash for 50 cents a piece and 2 free apples.  And she brought me a free frappuccino from Starbucks!  

13) Tonight we are going to have "family pizza movie night"  We have papa murphy's coupons and we will either borrow a movie from the library or rent one from Redbox.  I saw on facebook earlier that there are only 940 weekends between your child's birth and them leaving for college.  We want to be a family that is intentional about making the most of those weekends, especially when our kids actually want to hang out with us.  I've heard a rumor that when they are teens, they don't wanna do family movie night with mom and dad anymore :)  

Hope your week was great!!!  What did you save money on this week?  I would love to hear!  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome frugal week Brooke! A gallon for $10? That is amazing! I think you will really love to food processor...now that I have it, I find myself using it ALL the time, I wonder what I did before!

    ReplyDelete