Friday, January 4, 2013

Frugal Friday: My frugal bedroom renovation!

This week I spent some time renovating our bedroom.  I was getting bored and needed a change.  I had some Christmas money, so it was the perfect storm!  I found this picture on pinterest and it became my inspiration for our bedroom.  
INSPIRATION:



bedroom BEFORE pictures:




I looked at some wall art at a couple of stores and on etsy and they all seemed too pricey!  So I found a cute  art project on pinterest and went to town... here it is:


I bought a curtain rod that Matt put up, (side-note:  if you are selling your house, don't take all the curtain rods, the next owner won't appreciate it!)  I bought curtains, took off the duvet cover, and added some cute pillows.  I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I still need to get a pillow cover for the small white pillow, but couldn't find one that I liked.    

bedroom AFTER pictures:



I had a maroon frame from goodwill (I think it was originally 49 cents) and I painted it yellow.  I think it's a fun pop of color :)  

cost breakdown:
$13 curtain rod
$17 paint and canvas for art project
$30 curtains panels (2) 
$14 black pillowcases (2) and yellow/grey pillowcases (2)
$16 pillows (2)
$24 lampshades (2)

Total cost: $94!  (Was orginally $114, but I had a $20 target gift card)  

No comments:

Post a Comment