Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The contents of my closet...

For many years, one of my resolutions was "to be more organized". It only took me 7 years to realize I don't have an organizational bone in my body! Every year I would take everything out of our bedroom closet, sit back, look at it all and get overwhelmed. The contents of our closet would lay on the floor for a week or two every January and then one day I would throw it all back in and give up. So this year I only set goals that I knew I would follow. Although in the back of my head, I still think about organizing the closet. But given my past, Matt cringes every time he hears me say the word "organize".


Here are my resolutions for 2012:


1) Read the Bible in a year.

Update: I've been reading on youversion.com. I am happy to report that

as of today, I'm 7% of the way through the Bible! :)


2) Read 24 books this year.

Update: I have read 4 books this month! I have read Heaven is For Real,

The Wedding, Inconceivable, and Misconception. All were great books!


(I couldn't resist & my blog wouldn't be complete without a picture of one of my kids!)




3) Deposit money into the kids savings accounts monthly.

Update: We deposited money in Warrick's savings account, since he got

money for his birthday. I have yet to deposit any into Tynnley's account,

but I still have a couple of days :)


4) Give 20% to the church.

Update: we were successful in January! :) Matt was asked to 3 paid

speaking engagements (2 at a church and 1 at a youth retreat). I don't

believe is a coincidence. God is faithful!


One of Matt's goals for this year, was to only watch an hour of TV per day (or less). So obviously, our whole family has been doing this as well and it's been going great! I have so much more time to read and get other things done at night after the kids go to bed. But I've quickly realized that the 1 hr rule doesn't apply to any kind of sporting event :)


I hope you are being successful in your New Years Resolution and that the contents of your closet is in better shape than mine!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment