Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A day in the life

Before we had children, I didn't understand what a stay-at-home mom did all day long. I assumed it had something to do with wearing pj's, watching Oprah, and eating bon-bon's. Boy was I wrong!

A blogger that I follow posts a monthly "a day in the life" blog that I always find fun and interesting to read. She blogs about what her and her children do all day, hour by hour. She does this because she has many out-of-town relatives who enjoy feeling a part of her everyday life and also as a journal for herself to look back on when her children are older.

So I thought it would be fun to do my own "day in the life" today. My life is entirely less interesting than Jennie's, but I think it will be fun none the less! But don't worry... this will not involve Oprah or bon-bons. I can't make any promises about the pj's though.

Hope you enjoy...

Matt left at 6am and headed to Castleton.
At 6:30am, Warrick woke me up saying he was "sooooo hungy".
I'm a big pinterest fan and I've gotten some good recipes from the site. I recently saw pancake-covered bacon that I knew would be a hit in our house. So I made it for Warrick. (Don't worry... none of my new years resolutions had to do with watching what I eat) haha.
It doesn't look pretty, but it tasted good :)


After breakfast, Tynnley woke up. I got ready while Warrick watched cartoons and played cars. Then we read a book about Jonah and the whale, colored a picture of a whale, and talked about the letter "W". Tynnley enjoyed watching.



At 9am I started getting the kids ready and we left for the library at 9:30. We try to go once a week to storytime at 10. This is Tynnley all ready for the library. She's such a slobbery girl!



When we got to the library, there was no storytime, they took the week off. But we found some good books and a couple dvd's to borrow. This is Warrick and I reading a pirate book at the library :)


We got home around 11:30am and played a game of operation then ate lunch.



At 12:30 I started reading to Warrick before naptime and finally by 1:15 both kids were sound alseep :) Glorious naptime!!!
During naptime, I put dinner in the crockpot... I doubled the recipe and froze the rest. This is a BBQ chicken recipe I found on pinterest. I like it because it has a TON of veggies in it. (We needed to make up for the bacon pancakes.) haha.
Then I read my Bible reading on youversion.com. The reading plan I chose is called "Come Drink Live 365". I like this plan because you read from the OT and NT each day and also because it's a 6 day a week plan, so you can slack off one day and not be way behind.
Then I picked up the house and read a couple chapters in Pride and Prejudice.
This is what I made for dinner... this is before it was cooked. It looked much better after being cooked :)


The kids both woke up around 3. Tynnley enjoyed some "tummy time" on her new activity mat. Warrick wanted to read the books he got at the library... about 10 times!!!



At 4:45, I started making the rice to go with dinner and clearing off the table.
Matt came home at 5:15 and we ate. Warrick has become a big helper lately. He loves to set the table every night for dinner... it's really cute. Tonight his robot assisted him.


After dinner we went to our House Party (aka small group). Tonight we studied Acts 12. By the time we got home... we were sleepy!!! The kids both fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Tomorrow, Tynnley has her 4 month check up. I'm excited to see how much she's grown, but not so excited about shots.

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed my "day in the life" :)

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome Mommy. Just reading this wore me out, don't know how you do it.
    Keep on enjoying those babies of yours!
    Love you!
    Your momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I enjoyed reading about your "day in the life"! Great idea to chronicle a month out of "normal" life and have something to look back on. Your kids are really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete