Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Stinkin' New Year

If you know Warrick, he loves the word 'stink'. In fact, if he tells you that you stink, it's actually a compliment. So, when he woke up yesterday I said "Happy New Year" and explained that it was the first day of 2012. His response was "Happy Stinkin' New Year!"

As long as I can remember, every New Years Day, my mom would make pork and sauerkraut for good luck in the new year. We didn't actually believe this food brought good luck, but it was a fun family tradition.

We rang the new year in with some wonderful SCC folks and spent the day relaxing at home and eating "lucky pork". We went to bed around 11pm and an hour later I heard an awful noise and Matt jump out of bed. Warrick had gotten sick.

My husband is awesome for many reasons, but last night it was because he stayed by Warrick's bedside until 7am. Assisting through 13 vomits :(

I was racking my brain... no else was sick. Did he catch the flu? Was it something he ate? Surely it wasn't the good luck pork, that would just be too ironic!

And now, everyone is asleep and the house is quiet. I think the worst is over. I didn't think 2012 would start with lysol, sprite, puke buckets, and lots of laundry. But we have been waiting for 2012 for our whole lives and we won't let a little illness keep us down!

So, from the Robinson clan.... Happy Stinkin' New Year! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you started a blog!! I will enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete