Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday!

Happy MLK day! Hope it was restful and family-filled :)

Today we went to Conner Prairie. Conner Prairie is an interactive history park which recreates life in Indiana in the 19th century. It was really neat! This was the first time I had been... and Matt hadn't been since he was young on field trips.
The weather was between 45 and 47 while we were there, which was great for mid-January, especially since a lot of Conner Prairie is outdoors.

This is Matt, Warrick, and Tynnley by a covered wagon.

This is Matt and Warrick in front of the "hot air-daboon" which Warrick calls it :) Every time we drive by, he asks if we can see it. So he was excited to finally see it up close.


Warrick checking out the pigs. When we told him that bacon and sausage come from pigs, he said "you've got to be kidding me."


Taking a break in the wheelbarrow :)

Warrick in the Golden Eagle Inn. The "innkeeper" said you could rent a bed for the night for 12 cents. Many people could fit a family of 5 on this bed and the mattress was made out of straw... sounds inviting, doesn't it?

A cute sheep that I couldn't help but take a picture of

Then we played with some covered-wagon toys :)

Then it was naptime... which is obvious by the picture here. So we headed home.

When we got home, Matt left to get some work done. The kids were asleep and I read my youversion for the day and started a book I just bought on half.com called "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks. A friend Tamera told me it was a good read, so I'm trusting her :)

Then I put dinner in the crockpot... what did people do before the crockpot was invented???
I found a recipe on pinterest that my family enjoys.... it's chicken, black beans, rotel, corn, and cream cheese in the crockpot and served with chips or rice. It tastes great, is somewhat healthy (minus the chips and cream cheese), easy, and cheap. What more could you ask for :)


Then I did a TON of laundry... I've been very neglectful lately. I can't wait until Tynnley's past the "poop up the back" frequently stage. I should buy stock in shout!

I think that's all for now.
Hope everyone had a great MLK Day.

1 comment: