Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last day of January!

Tomorrow is the first day of February and today it's 59 degrees out! Would have been a great day to go to the zoo, but I'm staying away from Indy until after the Super Bowl :)

This morning the kids and I spent some time at the library. Warrick got 4 books and 2 movies. He got The Great Mouse Detective, which of course we had to watch the minute we got home and Bambi, which we will watch on Friday for our family pizza and movie night :)
I reserved a book online and when I picked it up, I was surprised that it was 550 pages! But when I got home, I realized it was giant print. I can't help but feel like there is some sweet 95 year old granny who is upset that I took the only giant print book in the library :) haha!

Here's Warrick working on his letters for the day, he's pretty much a genius :)


This afternoon we walked/strolled/triked to the playground. Warrick had a blast!

Tynnley trying to stay warm... the wind chill made it seem pretty chilly!


Tonight for dinner I made penne with chicken thighs from the pioneer women. It was really good and very inexpensive! I got 4 chicken thighs at kroger for $1.77, a box of penne for $.50, and sauce for $1. I already had onion, garlic, and olive oil. So I spent around $3 on dinner (I only used 1/2 a box of pasta). How great is that!? This frugal mama was ecstatic. Thanks for the recipe Shawna!


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment