Friday, August 31, 2012

Frugal Friday!

It's frugal Friday once again!

I killed most of my garden for lack of a green thumb, but I have successfully grown eggplants!  Apparently, they can live through anything :)

They are mini eggplants, so I had to wait until I had several.  And this week I was able to make eggplant parmigiana.  My favorite.  Since there is no meat in this, it's pretty frugal.


mini eggplants from my garden:

Here are some of them cut up.   

Oh... and I love this spaghetti measuring tool!   

Finished product: 

recipe:
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (or you can make your own)
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 c of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large eggplant... or several small eggplants in my case
1 egg with a dash of milk
spaghetti

directions:
Mix egg and milk in bowl.  Slice eggplant, dip in egg mixture and then dip in bread crumbs.  Heat in pan with some olive oil until edges are brown.  Put eggplant in bottom of dish; top with sauce and mozzarella cheese.  
cook at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Serve over spaghetti.



No comments:

Post a Comment