Friday, August 3, 2012

Frugal Friday!



I worked as a bank teller after Warrick was born because I wanted to work part-time and I wanted Sunday's and holiday's off... working at a bank seemed perfect!  One day, as it was nearing Christmas, one of my co-workers was telling me how stressed she was about paying for Christmas.  The Christmas before, she had taken her family to Disney World as their present.  11 months later she still owed money from that Christmas trip on her credit card!!!  She was not only stressed about how she would pay for Christmas 2010, but paying off Christmas 2009 as well!

Does Christmas "sneak" up on you every year?  Like we don't realize that every year it's on December 25th :)  Recently, I read this article on EveryDay Cheapskate about a lady who starts Christmas shopping in July.    The lady in the article is saying to start now shopping (or saving) for Christmas.  You have a better likelihood of leisurely finding good deals on stocking stuffers or other goodies.  And hopefully by the time Christmas comes around, you aren't stressed out because there is not enough money and may be tempted to charge Christmas on a credit card.

Don't let my co-workers situation happen to you!  She was obviously super stressed out... and guess what?  Christmas is not about presents and it's definitely not about stress!  So, whether it be to start saving money for Christmas (even if it's $5 a week) or beginning to buy things on sale here or there, start planning now!  You'll be happy that you did.  So, the next time you see something on clearance and you have a couple bucks on you, pick it up, just don't forget where you've hidden it :)

There are 143 days til Christmas and I can guarantee it will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

  1. I do that! The problem is I have a little trouble NOT giving the kids their presents early :) Then I spend way more!

    ReplyDelete